S-Paisa is a mobile wallet service launched by the Special Communications Organization (SCO) in collaboration with Bank Alfalah in 2020. It is available to all SCO mobile subscribers in Pakistan, including Azad Jammu & Kashmir (AJ&K) and Gilgit-Baltistan (GB).
The SCO is always looking for ways to help the people of Azad Jammu Kashmir and Gilgit Baltistan. People could not use banking services because the landscape and geography were too rough. Along with Bank Alfalah and Habib Bank Limited, SCO released its first digital financial service for people in AJK and GB. It was called “S-Paisa” and it was part of the SBP’s plan to give more people access to financial services.
S-Paisa offers a variety of financial services, including:
- Mobile money transfer
- Bill payment
- Mobile top-up
- Utility bill payment
- Online shopping
- Cash withdrawal
- Cash deposit
To use S-Paisa, customers need to download the S-Paisa mobile app and create an account. Once their account is verified, they can start using S-Paisa to perform various financial transactions.
You Can Visit: Socom Internet Speed Test
S-Paisa is a convenient and affordable way to send and receive money, pay bills, and shop online. Furthermore, It is especially beneficial for people in rural and remote areas, where traditional banking services may not be easily available.
Here are some of the benefits of using S-Paisa:
- It is easy to use and secure.
- It is a convenient way to send and receive money, pay bills, and shop online.
- It is affordable, with low transaction fees.
- It is widely available, with a large network of S-Paisa agents and merchants across Pakistan.
S-Paisa is a valuable financial tool for people of all income levels in Pakistan. It helps to promote financial inclusion and provides people with access to a variety of financial services. Basically, this initiative is to provide banking services to the masses of AJK and GB on their mobile phone to encourage the unbanked segment of society to play their role in the overall well-being of the region.
The SCO has been providing services in Pakistan for more than forty years and has bases in Azad Jammu and Kashmir (AJ&K) and Gilgit-Baltistan (GB). Moreover, With its new partnership with Habib Bank, SCO is boosting the image of its mobile banking service and making things easier for people living in Pakistan’s most rural areas.
With its large network of agents across the area, SCO was able to safely give over Rs. 9.1 billion in cash to over 900,000 people, including those hit by the LOC, as part of Prime Minister Ehsas Kafalat’s program in the AJK and GB.
Right now, SCO has released its S-Paisa Islamic wallet, which is backed by Habib Bank Limited and will be used for the project to pay pensions to Pakistan Army soldiers from AJ&K and GB. S-Paisa has a network of agents and franchises in AJ&K and GB that can help veterans get their pension money.
Official Website of SCO.Gov.PK.
Product Key Points
- Anyone with a valid CNIC can now send and receive money.
This service isn’t just for SCOM customers.
- Other mobile network customers can also use the service.
- There is no need for paperwork or receipts to be sent to agents.
- Senders and receivers can use Alfa Pay to send and receive money in mainland Pakistan, and S-Paisa retailers in AJ&K and GB can do the same.
- No more waiting in long lines or waiting to receive money.
The Steps To Send Money
- A mobile number and the sender’s CNIC are required in order to send money through S-Paisa.
- A mobile number and the receiver’s CNIC are also required.
- In Addition, The retailer or franchisee will ask for the sender’s and receiver’s CNIC and mobile numbers.
- The amount to be sent will be sent to the receiver after the sender’s biometric verification from NADRA.
- The retailer will also receive details of the transaction and an auto-generated secret code for both the sender and the receiver.
Process Of Receiving Money
- The receiver will go to the closest S-Paisa store and show a transaction message and passcode.
- The receiver’s CNIC and mobile number will be entered into the system to confirm.
- After the necessary biometric verification from NADRA, the amount will be sent to the receiver via the S-Paisa store.
Limits on transfers
- A CNIC number is valid for five daily transactions sent or received by the customer.
- Users may transmit and receive a maximum of PKR 50,000 per month using a single CNIC number.
Utilities Bill Payments
|Serial Number||Bill Category||Bill Company||Company Name|
|1||PTCL||PTCL||Pakistan Telecommunication Company Limited|
|2||Gas||SSGC||Sui Southern Gas Company|
|3||SNGPL||Sui Northern Gas Pipelines Limited|
|4||Electricity||KESC||Karachi Electric Supply Company|
|5||FESCO||Faisalabad Electric Supply Company|
|6||GEPCO||Gujranwala Electric Power Company|
|7||HESCO||Hyderabad Electric Supply Company|
|8||IESCO||Islamabad Electric Supply Company|
|9||LESCO||Lahore Electric Supply Company|
|10||MEPCO||Multan Electric Power Company|
|11||PEPCO||Peshawar Electric Power Company|
|12||QESCO||Quetta Electric Power Company|
|13||SEPCO||Sukkur Electric Power Company|
|16||Water & Sewerage||KWSB||Karachi Water And Sewerage Board|
|17||LWASA||Lahore Water And Sewerage Authority|
|18||RWASA||Rawalpindi Water And Sanitation Agency|
|Multan Water And Sanitation Agency|
|20||BWASA||Baluchistan Water And Sanitation Agency|
|21||FWASA||Faisalabad Water And Sanitation Agency|
Pay Your Bills With The Following Easiest Steps:
- Using This Service, Pay Your Bills With Ease.
- Bring Your Bill Along With You To The Nearest S-Paisa Shop.
- Further, Ask The Agent To Pay Your Bill Using the S-Paisa Facility.
- Provide Phone Number To Receive SMS For The Necessary Confirmation Of Your Utility Bill Submission.
- Ensure That The Agent Has Stamped Your Bill.
More Service Charges
No Charges For Bill Payment Through S-Paisa Franchisees, Retailers, And Customer Support Centers.